Things learned in the last week, in no particular order:
1. Spider-bites can cause horrifically large and disgusting bruises that last a couple of weeks. The picture I got of the one on my arm doesn't do it justice. I'm afraid people will think Ted's a wife-beater.
2. I'm tired of people "shooting emails" all over the place. Can't we just send them to each other?
3. Cooking a whole chicken in a slow-cooker is the best way to go. Save the broth and make gingery chicken noodle soup for when you've been sick for two weeks.
4. To keep a toddler who likes to scream quiet in the grocery store, dress him in cargo pants and fill the pockets with stuff he can pull out along the way. When he runs out of treasures, refilling the pockets with kleenex or your shopping list should buy you a few more minutes of peace.
5. Putting 3-minute-miracle conditioner on Abe's hair every time I bathe him (but not shampooing) helps to keep it really soft.
6. Bee costumes are cute, especially if they have a little stinger on the butt.7. George Straight writes good songs. I had to look up exactly what a 'troubadour' is, and I'm still not totally clear on the meaning, but damn if George Straight isn't pretty hot for an old man. Yes, I sometimes listen to country music.
8. Do not buy the product Mucinex. Their ads are disgusting, plus the "active ingredient" is the exact same stuff that's in plane-jane robitussin cough syrup, which you can buy super-cheap generic. I would like to thank my RN mother for this knowledge.
9. My son likes dancing to extremely inappropriate songs from the musical Hair. One of Ted's brothers sent us the song "Abie, Baby," and our Abe looooves it. Soon enough, we'll have to start editing it.
10. Nights out are very important, especially if you get to go hang out with someone who shares your love of big buttons.
11. I've got to start wearing my new glasses (they give me a head-ache though). These old ones are a bit too Palin-ish for my taste.
12. Every little boy needs his daily dig in the dirt.
13. I feel happy when I get carded.
14. This is my new favorite smile: