Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bees!

On a positive note after the outpouring of negative L.A. energy, look who came and took our bees Sunday. What a fascinating process it was to watch Stephen get all decked out in protective bee-keeper garb to take down this hive, while Ted stood two feet away with craziness swarming about him, never once managing to get stung. It made me crazy-nervous. Abe and I watched from the window.

I know it may be hard to tell in the picture, but I so love that Abe's face is smeared with chocolate from Julie's chocolate chip cookies that she sent with Stephen. As he said, they're like chocolate bars with a little flour thrown in. Just the way we like 'em.


Oh, and Abe really likes humus. This is what happens when I let him loose on the container.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

I totally love the positive bee sharing that is going on around your parts.

Also, I love humus too. Abe is a smart boy.

Carrie said...

Noby & I shared the hummus appetizer at Kiefer's on Saturday.

Julie said...

Free to Bee...you and me......

Blog Shmog said...

Those are some brave men. Bees are wonderful but they also FREAK me out. I enjoy them from safe distances too.