Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Days to Remember

These are days you'll remember

never before and never since, I promise
will the whole world be warm as this


and as you feel it, you'll know it's true
that you are blessed and lucky
it's true, that you are touched by something
that will grow and bloom in you


when May is rushing over you with desire
to be part of the miracles you see in every hour
you'll know it's true, that you are blessed and lucky
it's true, that you are touched by something
that will grow and bloom in you


these are the days

that you might fill with laughter
until you break


these days you might feel a shaft of light

make its way across your face
and when you do
you'll know how it was meant to be
see the signs and know their meaning


you'll know how it was meant to be

hear the signs and
know they're speaking to you
to you


"These are the Days" is one of my favorite songs of all time and is the song playing as we told Julie and Steven goodbye, after a glorious hour of toasting their incredible day and their beautiful children. I couldn't stop crying at every glance of these children in the room and the two in the photos being passed around this evening, just as the tears flow as I write this.

I will always remember this day.

20 comments:

Ladybugs appear said...

Just beautiful Lori. Thank you. sniffle.

Julie said...

I love you. I am so glad you were here.

Heather said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Tim said...

Oh, life really is so sweet. Look at all this joy and goodness.

~Laura~ said...

What a GREAT moment. thanks for making me cry this morning.

mama becca said...

oh wow... this is just delicious to witness...

Stacie said...

Oh such beauty. So happy you were there in LA to share in the joy of such a beautiful day! You have me crying this morning! :)

emily said...

Beautiful. Such an incredible picture of God creating family!!

msl said...

Beautiful post! Beautiful moments!!

Jocelyn said...

Well said!!!! Glad you got to be there.

Kat & Stacy said...

It is the perfect song isn't it? And this is the perfect post about last night...
SOOO glad we got to finally meet in person...sorry if I seemed scattered or dazed -- my emotions were on overload at that point. Surely, ONE DAY we'll have a chance to just sit and visit for real! :-) safe travels back north.

Nicole said...

I LOVE this and I love how the pictures and song lyrics perfectly capture a moment like this. Beautiful!

filoli said...

Raw simple unadulterated joy!

kn said...

Thanks so much for sharing these photos! So happy that the joy was multiplied by having people around who could rejoice with them!

Nicholas said...

Amazing! What a great post. I'm overjoyed at all the great blessings lately!

Gretchen said...

WOO-HOO!

PVZ said...

I love that song too Lori, and the looks on all of your faces in these photos, thanks for being the joy sharer you are.

Stacy said...

wow, what a gathering, rejoicing celebration. I LOVE how adoption connects people, the joy, the sorrow all the parts.

Blog Shmog said...

this is so lovely lori...

Unknown said...

Beautiful. - Julie O.