Monday, July 11, 2011

All is Grace

In an email from a close friend today, "...Have you ever thought that life is just hard? I am thinking that this week..."

Yes, I am thinking this too.

This world is broken. The people in it are broken. The systems they created are broken and the damage goes on and on and on.

A compassionate friend in Los Angeles posted this on fb yesterday, and I keep coming back to it. At one point yesterday, I was staring into our backyard, crying about the brokenness of this world, the words in this clip filling me.

In the dark valley, this is somehow still true.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I think of you every day. I emailed you at Ted's email. I am praying, Lori, every day.

Emma said...

Broken. Yes, I feel broken at times. And I see broken. I try to remember that in all the broken are chances to lift each other up. I learned over the past few months (with a badly broken arm while pregnant and a severely developmentally disabled child) that I have to allow people to lift me up when I am broken (that can be very hard to do). I was humbled by the well wishes and gestures I received. No one can take away the hardship but they layer on new feelings of love and support that change me.

I cannot imagine the pain of being a mama separated from her daughter - wanting to bridge the physical gap so you can move on to the next stage of your emotional relationship. I am praying for you too.

Sha Zam- said...

I'm not sure how I 'lost' your blog nor how I found it but I'm glad I did again. I'll be following and looking forward to a flight announcement in the future

Claudia said...

That's a wise friend you've got there. She is dead right, I think.

I'm so sorry you have to go through so much hardness as you wait, and wait, again. Too jetlagged to think straight but wanted to check in and say how fervently I've been praying that you will be with your girl forever, soon. The post about her finding out was so moving. Cannot wait to ssee her smiling over her family not just in pictures, but in reality.