Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And that is that.

This morning I was retouching Beti's hair before she left for school. She asked me, "Mom, can you tell Abe 'bye' for me when he wake up?"

She'd never asked this before. I said, "Um, okay?"

"Because I love him."

Half an hour later, he woke up, came downstairs, stood on the toilet to look out the bathroom window at the snow. I told him what his sister said.

He looked at me, was quiet for a beat, shrugged, put his thumb back in his mouth and matter-of-factly said, "Well, I love her too."

10 comments:

Claudia said...

CHAMPAGNE!

hotflawedmama said...

amazing!

Julie said...

That was quicker than it must have seemed. :)

Gretchen said...

Happy, beautiful, wonderful, DELIGHT!

natalie said...

gosh dang, I need to meet these kids (and you!). my husband is considering doing residency in Portland, so... maybe... some day... soon.

Bridget said...

YAY!

kn said...

What Julie said.

Anonymous said...

I think my heart just BURST!!! Lucky brother, lucky sister, lucky parents...beautiful family!

Christine said...

ah, yes, music to the mother's ears.

Rachel said...

Lovely.