Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ethiopian cuteness

Our social worker actually thanked me for calling her today. As the mom of eight kids, all of whom are adopted, she said she can understand our eagerness to have the home study finished. I tried telling her that I'm not really as anxious about it as she thought, especially since we still have those two documents hanging out there. She said she's planning on working on our study tomorrow by the light of a small reading lamp during her daughter's dance recital practice, which apparently is in the dark. She hopes to have it done by the end of the week, even told me to call her then to see how it's going.

One of those documents is from our insurance company. Kate (of our dossier service) gave us the exact format the letter should be in, written in third person: "This is to certify that any dependent of Ted and Lori will be covered by their insurance...blah blah blah." The person we talked to at the company said it would be written just like that. Today we got in the notarized letter in the mail, all with the right words, except written in second-person: "This is to certify that any dependent of yours will be...blah blah blah." We're hoping it won't be a problem. Wouldn't that be something: sorry guys, you don't get a child since that insurance letter wasn't written in the right case.

Our friend
Jill brought up today how cute all the Ethiopian kids are that she's seen. True dat. I offer proof by clicking here. Just wanted to pass along the link for a few moments of sighing at all the cuteness. Check out Owen Yosef, Amara, and the twins Zamara and Zayna. Oh my. How bad is it to pick favorites?

And yes, Neola, let's go get some tots!

3 comments:

Jill said...

So cute! I'm so mad I didn't take a picture when you were here today! Darn. Anyway, very fun to catch up on all your stuff. Thinking about you guys every day! Jill

neola said...

Hurrah! I can't wait to hear about all of this in person!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! I hear ya about that website with all the cute babies! I used to look at that site regulalry when we were waiting for our referral....and Owen Yoseph??? Oh my! Loved his picture and secretly hoped for a referral of a baby boy with big eyes like his...and I got one! :)Every single Ethiopian baby is precious...I believe that with all of my heart.