Wednesday, April 23, 2008

In Honor of Rusty and Autumn

I offer what I hope will be the next viral video:


Thanks for introducing this to me, Autumn. I love, love, love it. I'm working on a translation. See, every parent needs time to pursue their own interests outside of the care and nurturing of a young child; in my case, it just seems to be translating obscure, Communist-era Czechoslovak videos found on youtube. Thanks to everyone for the lively discussion Wednesday.
*
Addendum: Another interest of mine is how people make up their own versions of the poem "This is Just to Say" by William Carlos Williams. Here is the original (which I've heard was an actual note he left for his wife):

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

forgive me
they were
delicious
so sweet
and so cold

Here is one of the spoofs (you can read the others here):

Last evening we went dancing and I broke your leg.
Forgive me. I was clumsy and
I wanted you here in the wards, where I am the doctor!

Like Jana's haikus, anyone want to add your own?

5 comments:

Autumn and Dan's family said...

No, way!!!! You have to let me know what you have come up with for a translation! I love this video and Rhett still asks to watch it.

Anonymous said...

Well no one can possibly disagree with that!

pvz

Jana said...

I started watching this at my desk with the sound off while a class of mine was taking a test (I'm a teacher), and I had to turn it off after about a minute my insides were hurting so bad from holding the laughter. I'll have to watch it later with the volume turned up.

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I've watched it with the sound. It's so friggin' delightfully weird. That dood with the beard and his nervous twitching dance! He kills me.

Rusty Spell said...

Don't forget this one.