Monday, January 5, 2009

The Ting Tings and Amelie Jr.

We're putting a bathroom in upstairs in our bedroom, so there's a constant flow of electricians and plumbers in the house early in the morning. I'm also trying to put the house back together after the holidays, in the midst of construction upstairs and a toddler who is hell-bent on gleefully destroying any progress I make. I have thoughts running around in my head that I'd love to write about. But I'm having difficulties finding time. So in the meantime, here is a video of the song that Abe most likes to rock out to. And by "rock out" I mean: simultaneous air-guitar and stomping his right foot repeatedly. We find it pretty wonderful.

Embedding has been disabled on this video, but I encourage you to click this link to hear the song that Abe loves most right now. He loves to sing the "Ah, ah, ah, ah, Ah, ah, ah, ah" part over and over. What I like about the song is that I can pretty easily mimic these dance moves.

Finally, we're entranced by Amelie Jr.:

Once upon a time... from Capucha on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Rusty Spell said...

Abe has pretty good taste in music. I like their "That's Not My Name" even better.

Claudia said...

Can I just say that 'ting tings' has to be my favourite band name since, like, ever? I love that you have a boy who plays air guitar. There must be something in that Y chromosome that just makes men want to strum.

filoli said...

J'aime Capucine!

Amy B. said...

Oh sweet Abe and his Ting Tings. I like them too :)

The video of the little girl (who is she by the way?) is so funny. Does the girl have an imagination or what? I like the part about the lion telling the hippo, "It's too late, you made your decision to die and go to heaven". I also love that I listened to the whole video and understood every word she was saying. I don't get many opportunities to hear such elaborate stories in French.

Blog Shmog said...

Love the Ting Tings!

Lonnie said...

"and the drums, the drums the drums" I dig that song too- being a drummer and all :) I can just picture the air guitar and stomping foot!

los cazadores said...

Oh my, for real, that video of Amelie Jr. is to die for, SO friggin cute. Right up there with bassett hound puppies. And I mean that in a super cuteness way.

Cindy