Monday, June 20, 2011

Easy Like Monday Morning

I don't usually go in to work on Mondays. Last night, Abe and about five other kids were at our neighbor's house until 10. That's what Portlanders do two days before the summer solstice. We stay up.

Abe didn't wake up until 10:40 this morning. Yes, that's right. It amazed us too. When he did finally get up, this video shows what he did, right before sitting on my lap on the deck, staring at the trees, silently, for another 20 minutes or so. Sometimes thirteen seconds of swinging after twelve hours of sleep requires a break.

We got not-good news today about our embassy date. Rather, our lack of embassy date. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. I would very much like this process to be over and for Betelehem to be here with us now, taking it easy on summer mornings. Please God, let it be so.

This international adoption stuff? Not for sissies.

5 comments:

kn said...

I love this beyond reason. Beautiful.

Adoption is not for sissies - no way no how.

Thinking and praying for you dear woman.

il panettiere... said...

Oh, sweet Abe. Sweet Lori.

Good thing you're a tough bird (what the hell, il pan? Aren't you ever going to let that "tough bird" thing go?!).

il panettiere... said...

Also? I heart Neil.

Nora said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the additional delays in your journey to your daughter. This video is a delicious little bit of sweetness to me this morning--what a beautiful boy Abe is, and I *love* how kitty is luxuriating right along with him in the background.

Rebecca said...

Abe is adorable. And I wish Eli would sleep past 7 one day. Maybe Abe can teach him?