Sunday, September 23, 2012

We're All in This Together

I've gotten fired up lately over the presidential election.  Talking heads, manipulators of public opinion, selfish egomaniacs.  

Wrong assumptions so quickly made and folks get defensive.

A kid in my son's class last week told him he looks like a girl.  My impulse was to shake this kid.   

People living close up next to each other, rubbing each other the wrong way and getting bristly, some retreat, some lash out.

Listening to this song a lot.  Heard it for the first time performed live while I was walking to the port-a-potties.  It stopped me in my tracks.

It reminds me to be kind since we're all lost and broken anyway, not to freak out when I feel out of sorts and that the wander-lust I was born with that lately has me staring longingly at huge RVs is not something to be ashamed of.


1 comment:

More Dorrs said...

Have you seen this? Might make you laugh :)

http://www.happyplace.com/2672/a-template-for-every-awful-facebook-discussion-youve-ever-witnessed

Miss you, friend! Maybe when I get back from Ethiopia we can plan a get together.

Beka