Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Kombucha Day

Since we on the west coast are 11 hours behind Addis Ababa, we're going to start another 24-hours of fasting and prayer this evening at 5:00 pm, around the time Addis is waking up on Wednesday. We're so appreciative of all the people who have joined with us in this, in whatever form you can. Fasting is a big mystery to me, and if anything, denying myself food just reminds me to keep praying. Our friend Susan, who organized the last day of prayer and fasting, had the good idea of drinking kombucha on these days. I did it last week and will do it this week as well.

I'm not sure how much rest I'll get tonight, knowing that the meeting may be happening during the middle of our night. Even more chances to pray, I suppose. We're expecting to hear some sort of news sometime Wednesday. Thank you again to everyone checking in and praying.

18 comments:

Tasha Kent said...

Keep Hope Alive... hang in there!

mama becca said...

Yes- praying...

Jocelyn said...

Praying of course!!!

emily said...

Praying for you.

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

I'm glad that I happened to do the blog role call tonight!
I will certainly be praying right along with you!!!!!!
Blessings,
Kristy

Carol said...

Ted and Lori -
Praying for you and little Abenezer!
Carol

Nicholas said...

Prayers to you all-

MB said...

I just wanted to add my name to the long list of others who are thinking and praying for all 3 of you.

Anonymous said...

believing that tomorrow is the day of great news!

Tara said...

We will definitely be praying and fasting for your sweet boy!

Gretchen said...

Lori- I haven't been on the computer for the past couple of days... such news you have!

Know that I am praying for you and yours tonight... that the meeting is nothing short of successful AND that you rest.

My heart is sending you positive vibes, friend.

Till 'morrow!

Anonymous said...

Our hearts are in this, Lori.

Jana said...

Praying before bed tonite.

Melissa said...

I'll be keeping you and all involved in fervent prayer. Hang in there friend!
XOXO

mama becca said...

Continuing to pray, especially for you, this morning...

Shelia Earl Photography said...

Have been praying since I got up this morning (which was about 9 am Addis time - being 2 hours difference). Work day is at a close in Addis because it is 4 pm here - so I will wait anxiously to hear from you about the results of today's meeting. Shelia (Skopje, Macedonia)

Anonymous said...

Praying and hoping for good news soon!

Danni and Tommy said...

Thinking of you and sending tons of positive energy your way!