Sunday, July 6, 2008

a Nightmare and a Frolic in the Toilet

Our friend Jill took this photo today when we were having brunch at their house. I love it.

I had a dream last night that we were being made to swap Abe for another baby. It was truly awful. I was freaking out, panicked, asking "the authorities" why they were doing this. I remember asking, "But this new baby we're getting wakes up every day at 6:00!" Yeah, we think Abe is pretty perfect for us, and not just because he sleeps until 10:00 most days.


This afternoon, within the span of about ten seconds, we found him in the bathroom, standing at the toilet, one arm reached as far down as he could reach, splashing gleefully. When I picked him up to move him to something more productive, he screeched bloody screeches for a good two minutes. Two minutes may not sound like very long to you. Well, you just haven't heard Abe's screech yet.

The camera is still missing, so we're depending on friends to email us photos they take when we're together. Thanks, Jill.

10 comments:

graceling said...

Ah, the wonders of the toilet! Fun!

mama becca said...

Yes... you have a boy :). Boys seem more inclined to love the toilet. At least in my family...

Jill said...

you really did your perfect baby. :)

Amy B. said...

He is pretty perfect...toilet and all :) What is it with our boys and their screeches??? Nathan's screech is ear piercing...and usually revolves around food!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Man, you have been having some intense dreams! I don't how it is pssible but his cuteness continues to reach new heights.

PVZ

Blog Shmog said...

Oh yes, toilet fun. :) I have fished out many things from our toilet. It really grosses me out for some reason!
That pictures is incredibly cute!

Jana said...

Oh, he is so lovely with his curls and his toilet-diving.

Gretchen said...

The more frolics in the toilet, the better (as I always say)....

Give the little toilet diver a smoochy for me!

Sparkz said...

Sounds like something I would dream! I hate dreams like that! It's so nice to wake up to everything being "normal"! I also understand your concern with "the authorities"! I would have a FIT if I had to go from a baby that slept until 10AM to a baby that slept until 6AM! Gotta love dreams! I am still praying our baby will be a good sleeper!!!

I love the toilet story! Too much fun!

Stacie said...

Abe is cute. Cute. Cute. Cute.

Micah loves the toilet too. Maybe Abe & Micah will be friends because of their common love of commodes. :)