Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mothers

I've been slowly being inspired by things like the "craziness" of the holidays to write again...but not quite yet. In the meantime, I've been doing a lot of reading, and this evening, I read a lovely piece by our friend Danni, the mother of the amazing Judah. This piece explains perfectly the gratitude I feel for the women who loved our children while we were waiting to get to them. Not all children have this. I sometimes refer to myself as Abe's "third and final (hopefully) mother." It would be absolutely wrong to ever discount his mother by birth and the mothers who took care of him in the Gladney home until I got there.

Go read what Judah's mother has to say here.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Am cracking up at 'third and hopefully final'. I so know what you mean - I think this process teaches us that actually, we can't take ANYTHING for granted, even all the 'forever family' stuff. I think that makes me appreciate my blessings more (not that you'd know it...) Thanks for the link!

coffeemom said...

Thanks for this link. This is timely, considering the season. Made me cry. So we will wait to read what is percolating.....Love M

Danni and Tommy said...

Thank you for your kind words. I have so much to say, but nothing sounds right- I keep doing the write and delete move. So, I'll try again later :). Until, then know I miss you (and of course my precious little Abe)!

Danni and Tommy said...

The last comma was interestingly placed. Hmmm...Not quite right.
Work, insomnia, morning, and too little coffee are a difficult combination. I obviously need you, Abe and Swork coffee.

Nicholas said...

I love that woman, Danni.