Monday, December 29, 2008

Oliver!

I watched Oliver! the other night for the first time and rank this up there with Fiddler on the Roof, my favorite musical. I stayed up until 1am, well after everyone else had gone to bed, to finish it. This song broke my heart. It's in the first half hour of the movie, and even with Abe up and running around the room, it was taking all I had in me to hold it together during this song.
Will I ever know the sweet "hello"
That's meant for only me?
Who can say where she may hide?
Must I travel far and wide?
'Til I am bedside the someone who
I can mean something to ...


...and seriously, my husband was born to play the role of Fagan...

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Arghhh! Now you've got that song in my head! We used to watch that all the time when I was a kid (my cousins had it on video) and it has never, ever, crossed my mind that it is about a lonely orphan. Until now, of course, when I'm tearing up in front of my computer. Thanks, Lori ;)

Julie said...

Yes! Ted on Broadway as Fagan! I am pre-ordering my tickets.

los cazadores said...

Was this post made for me? Really, I know it was! Don't deny it!

:)

Cindy

nell ann said...

I've never seen Oliver! and now never will. I can't even see the screen through the tears.

Susan Isaacs said...

I LOVE Oliver. I saw it in the theater when I was a little girl and we bought the album and played it ALL THE TIME. I saw Shani Wallace at a commercial audition a year or so ago. But seriously, Ted IS FAGIN!!