Sunday, March 13, 2011

In lieu of news, photos.

I have been reading all there is to read about the changes going on in Ethiopia but because something new seems to happen every couple of days, I'm still not able to fully get my mind around it all. On top of all the "facts" coming out, there are also numerous rumors swirling around to try to sift through and understand.

Eventually, I'm sure I/we will write about it here. But I'm not ready yet. So in the meantime: pictures.

I kept Abe out of school on Tuesday so I could bring him to work with me for International Women's Day. The men cheered on...

...as the women sang and danced. Seeing these Oromo women walk into the gym that morning dressed like this made my heart swell. I feel so lucky to get to spend time with these people every week.

Ted came home from a week in NYC, bearing gifts from Zabar's. We were up until after midnight sifting through the cheese, strudel and knish.

Someone now sees letters everywhere. We are proud.

5 comments:

Christina said...

I think A & D would be great friends. And as for the other, well, I took myself offline Wednesday, and it was such an emotional relief that I've decided not to follow along for awhile. The ups and downs of the rumors, etc, were just a bit too much for me to handle. Hope you're hanging in there.

Christine said...

Love the photos. You do indeed have a wonderful job.

The Journey said...

What a cool job! I love the letters phase, it turns simple walks down the sidewalk into letter-finding missions that can be so much fun. Mmm Zabars...

Corinne said...

I love hearing about your work... I hope you/we hear something concrete soon.

Melanie said...

Love those photos. Oh how I wish I couldcomevolunteer with you and bring Little Babes.