Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Abe-isms

As I was pinning up my hair, Abe asked for a bobby pin. Why do you need one?, I asked.

"Because my hair might fall out."

Earlier this afternoon, as we sat on the front steps after a ride on the tricycle, he crashed into me, head-first, yelling, "I love you my whole life!"

He regularly tells us, "That don't make any sense."

Later tonight, on the couch in the basement, I made him slow down from the constant movement to sit facing me on my lap. I told him I wanted to tell him something. With wide open eyes, raised eyebrows, complete attention staring directly into my eyes,

"What you want to say, Momma?"

In that moment, I couldn't remember. I just said, "You're cute" and kissed his forehead. And my heart nearly burst.

8 comments:

coffeemom said...

And thus, the perfect joy of parenthood. no kidding.

annieglan said...

That is sweet! Being a parent is an amazing blessing and we are so lucky to experience such love.

Rebecca said...

Abe is precious. And a funny kid :) Motherhood is the best. Really and truly.

I often tell Eli "You're cute", to which Eli replies "No, I no not cute!!" As though I just told him he has a horn growing out of his head.

Julie said...

I Love him.

Claudia said...

**happy sigh**

Evelyn said...

Such a cute little guy!

Heather said...

Ohhh Abe! We need you to come down to LALA land for a visit soon!

kn said...

oh lori - i love this post so much! i miss those days.

abe is so adorable!! i love 'that don't make any sense'

thanks for this.