Friday, February 26, 2010

Mail

One of Abe's favorite things is when the mail carrier delivers our mail. We usually try to give him a piece of junk mail so he can think something came for him. I was telling my mom about this, and then lo and behold, a few days later, Abe got a real letter in the mail.
My mom had sent a St. Paddy's Day card and a few photos, including this one of her dog. Abe was a little freaked out by the dog last time they saw each other. She also sent a photo of a plate of "real Southern food." But come on, Mama! You think I don't feed our son grits, cornbread, black-eyed peas, greens, mac-n-cheese?

Every child should have a grandparent who sends them mail, especially mail with a hand-drawn four-leaf clover with a face growing out of the middle of it.

5 comments:

Heather said...

How sweet of your mom!

Cloverland Farm said...

adorable!!!

Stacie said...

Your mom is pure awesomesauce. I love that four leaf clover face.

Gretchen said...

I love Lori's Mama. Really. AND truly.

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Mac and cheese! My favorite Southern vegetable! (Yes, it is a vegetable. I don't care what the food pyramid says.)